As Head Chef, you will be responsible for designing the menu for the home in line with the dietary needs and preferences of the residents. You, and your team, will also be responsible for compliance with Environmental Health Agency standards and ensure that food is prepared to the highest possible standards.
- To plan and provide nutritious meals to all residents on a daily basis, ensuring food purchased is fresh and within budget
- Discuss menus with the assistant cook and the Home Manager to ensure a balanced diet is maintained
- Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchen, to meet the required standards of practice prescribed by Environmental Health Agencies
- Ensure all stock ordered is consistent with planned menus that reflect choice and preference
- Ensure that all machines are used correctly, cleaned and stored. Any faults or damage is to be reported immediately
- Ensuring the correct storage and rotation of stocks