As an assistant cook, you will help create the home’s menu with the Head Chef. You will be responsible for ensuring that food is prepared to the highest standards with the correct use of all equipment and for taking charge in the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To plan, with the Head Chef, and provide nutritious meals to all residents on a daily basis, ensuring food purchased is fresh and within budget.
- Report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important to the Homes Manager.
- Ensure that the Cook-in-charge is kept informed of any changes or problems that occur during his/her absence.
- Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchen, to meet the required standards of practice prescribed by Environmental Health Agencies.
- Ensure all stock ordered is consistent with planned menus that reflect choice and preference.
- Ensure that all machines are used correctly, cleaned and stored. Any faults or damage is to be reported immediately.
- Ensuring the correct storage and rotation of stocks.
- Maintaining cleaning schedules for the kitchen, equipment and associated areas.