The Shrubbery Events 2016
- August 2016
- Sara Hurley Chief Dental Officer presented the very first Accredited ‘Oral Health & Hygiene Practice’ awards as part of a NHS England funded pilot ‘Oral Health Care Champions’ programme for the Nursing and Care home sector.
- Zoe Adams is one of our senior carers was presented the first of the new Level 3 Award in ‘Oral Health & Hygiene Practice’
The Shrubbery Events 2015
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- 1st December- Keep fit with ball and balloons games in the afternoon.
- 4th December- Group lounge games come and try your hand at Bingo.
- 8th December- Christmas Nativity play being performed by children from the Little People Learning Academy at 2.30pm followed by refreshments.
- 10th December- Carol singing in the morning.
- We invite friends and family to come and watch the Jack and the Beanstalk Pantomime production being performed by the Northeast Producers Travelling Theatre Company. We will be holding the Pantomime on Saturday 19th December from 5.30pm in the main lounge. The more the merrier so please feel free to join us. Once we’ve watched the Pantomime we will be indulging in some Christmas refreshments and a Carol Service to truly put us in the Christmas spirit.
- 17th December- Carol singing with the children from St Barnabas school from 2.00pm.
- 23rd December- Christmas songs of praise with St George’s Church.
- Wednesday 4th November – Church communion from 2.30pm
- Friday 6th November – Art and Crafts, making Christmas decorations.
- Wednesday 11th – we will be holding a 2 minute remembrance silence.
- This year we are celebrating the BBC Children in Need Appeal. We are Holding a Tea Morning and Dressing up like Super Heroes to join in with this year’s theme 'Be a Hero'. The Tea morning will be on Tuesday 10th November, 10am at The Shrubbery in the Lounge We are asking you to dress up like a Hero on this day. We are asking everyone to join in and lets raise money together. Click here to see poster
- Monday 16th – Keeping fit with sports games and chair exercises.
- Worcester City lights. Worcester City will be turning on their lights to celebrate the start of Christmas on Saturday 14th from 4.30pm outside the Guildhall. We are asking for volunteers so we can take some of our residents, the more volunteers available the more residents who will be offered the option of going. Please let Abigail (Activities Coordinator) know if you can help or volunteer with this, thank you.
- Wednesday 18th - St George’s Songs of Praise.
- Christmas is fast approaching and with The Shrubbery Christmas Fair only around the corner on Saturday 14th November we are asking for residents, relatives and friends to support us in lending a hand on the day to volunteer their time.
- Tuesday 6th- Sound of music sing along. 2pm
- Friday 9th- 1960's Music with nail care and chats. 3pm
- Monday 12th- The sharing of the weekly sparkle which is our Reminiscing newspaper and sharing stories of the past. 3pm
- Thursday 15th- 1950'S Music and Ball and balloon games. 2pm
- Tuesday 20th- Prize sound Bingo 2.30pm
- Thursday 22nd – Frank Sinatra Musical sing along 3pm
- Monday 26th – Gentle chair exercises
- Thursday 29th- Chinese meal from 6pm
- Saturday 31st- Spooky fancy dress
The Shrubbery were featured in Worcester News, see clipping below Inspectors wrote, “People’s health needs were understood by staff who knew how to manage their health safety. People were cared for and staffs were seen providing positive examples of care. People were treated with dignity and respect”